Friday, June 11, 2010

Inspiration from my supervisor

Sorry for not updating my internship's info for so long.



Today I realize that my supervisor loves to inspire me on Friday.

Haha, but his words are really useful in my life (I guess).

Last Friday, which was my 4th day of training in the factory, he finally broke the ice and asked me to talk to him. He had some words for me. " How much have you learnt so far in this company?" he asked.
I wasn't prepared much and did not expect myself to answer this kind of question.
I answered " For the document stuff, I roughly know how to do under the guidance from my senior in these 4 days."
He closed his eyes and asked me to have a sit. Then he said,"Don't take it so seriously. I just want to know how much have you learnt so far from the internship."
I was confused, and said "Ohhh...i gt to know some basic operations of the company and the functions of the department".

He closed his eyes again and smiled. He told me,
"Actually, you as a trainee here, you can learn something which you can't in your university. We prepare you with the working environment in the real world. (and bla bla bla.....forgot ady)
As you are being placed in this department, it has so much differences compared to the other course mates in the other companies. We don't provide you with any projects just to achieve the results.
But, what can we provide you is the problem solving skills. In this department, you will always confront with  all sorts of problems and suppliers. So, you have to find the best way to cope with these problems.
Thus, you may not carry on interesting projects in hands, and you may not develop any new skills like your other friends out there, but you can gain the problem solving skills which they might not have. The skills can be very useful in any scopes of area.

You, as my trainee, just dealing with 3 customers .... Don't underestimate and take it easy on the 3 customers as 2 of them are from aircraft companies. (i was like ..(O.O)...)
So, we in the SQE department, have to be very meticulous on the quality of items and what I mean here is to have ZERO error. Another customer is from a factory, so you don't need to be so careful lah for this. ( OKay....swt)

........
(and the rest of his talk is specifically in my incoming tasks, so I don't really want to write them all here.)
........

I prefer you to explore more in the company your own, inquisitively. You can know more on how the other departments relate to ours as you keep on asking and get yourself connect to the people there.

Okay, why am I telling so much here is to prevent you lost yourself.
Don't try to learn from those staffs who are just "looking forward for weekend" everyday as they have been working  here for a long period of time. But you are totally different as you are here to learn.
"

So, why am I writing these out?
First, is to remind myself. Next is to someone who may concern.
His words were like so into my heart, I suspect that he is following my blog, because I m getting lost after gt to know others jobs and compared theirs to mine. And I m eager to go home everyday. Nothing seems attractive to me there. However, after i listen to what he said, i have changed my mindset and have a new way of thinking.
Thanks Boss!!

1 comment:

  1. He's stalking you? xD Be careful! lol~~ But yeah nice boss he is~~ =)

    ReplyDelete